Drawing On Holy Currencies is a new book, which my nephew, Dave Law, and I are collaborating, writing, and drawing. It’s a graphic interactive book with pictures you can color, spaces for readers to draw and write and activities for readers to do. The book has 52 openings. A reader can interact with one “opening” per week. In a year, at the end of the book, readers would have experienced and developed the 6 holy currencies for their personal lives and for their church and neighborhood communities.
I will be sharing some of the drawings in the coming weeks until the book comes out in print. Here is one of openings that we think would be relevant for those living in the U.S. these days:
We must no longer be children, tossed to and fro and blown about by every wind of doctrine, by people’s trickery, by their craftiness in deceitful scheming. But speaking the truth in love, we must grow up in every way into him who is the head, into Christ, from whom the whole body, joined and knit together by every ligament with which it is equipped, as each part is working properly, promotes the body’s growth in building itself up in love.
Ephesians 4:14-16 (NRSV)
- Name an issue that had puzzled or confused you recently.
- What are the “winds of doctrine” that have tossed you and your friends to and fro?
- Who or what groups were doing the “blowing?”
- Create opportunities to get together with your friends.
- Invite each person to “speak the truth in love” about their experiences on this issue.
- Having listened to each other’s “truth,” decide together what you are going to do to address this issue together.
Write back and share your reflections and actions with me on Facebook, Twitter, or Instagram using #holycurrencies.
Eric H. F. Law
The Kaleidoscope Institute
For competent leadership in a diverse changing world